Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What it means when she walks away...

I haven't thought of a really clever title, feel free to make suggestions in the comments. This is honest, cerebral, a little funny, and definitely a hopeful (as opposed to hopeless) romantic's view on leaving a situation alone. It all came out at once so I may edit the content and/or format down the line...
======================================

See I call you out on your bull, secretly hoping that you'll prove me wrong.
Hoping that you'll step up before this fine brother comes along.
He'll be 3 inches taller, and did I mention fine?
As he passes by he'll simply rhyme "Queen, keep me in mind."
Afterwards he'd meet me in my illustrious, dark, illuminating fantasy.
He would show me what it felt like to be held by a man.

So if you don't step up,
Well damn.
I guess I've already made other plans.

But still I sit here hoping you'll knock on my door.
That you'll surprise me.
Knowing that you won't.
I say good bye, hoping you'll stop me.
But you don't.

Show me how much this means to you, that's why I walk away.
Now, this might tempt you to say, "Then why don't you just stay?"
The thing is, Big Mama always told me,
"Baby, you got to let the sleeping dog lay."

No comments:

Post a Comment